It's true. No one can love you until you love yourself.
I feel wonderful. Hopeful, confident, and calm.
Life is good.
I just took an open note, open book, CLASS DISCUSSION final.
Man, I love summer classes.
Don't you love a movie that changes your life a little bit more every time you watch it? I know I do.
I am NOT a freak, so stop treating me like I am!
Well, I finished the preliminary narrowing-down of my grad school search list.
Was: 143 (I added some) schools in 11 states
Is: 24 schools in 8 states (goodbye Washington, Oregon, and Vermont)
Only 4 public schools in Texas offer my master's program--UT Brownsville, Texas Woman's University, University of Houston, and Texas A&M Commerce.
Now on to narrowing it down even further...
I may have completely screwed up my entire future (I'm not even kidding), and I'm completely calm.
Man, I've come a long way.
My life is on hold until Monday.
Waiting for my study partner to show up so that maybe I'll have a chance of actually passing my math final...
Soooo much has been going on.
*New job. SO excited about it, but also nervous, because I really have no idea what the crap I'm doing. But I'm looking forward to challenging myself and furthering my leadership skills. It's gonna take a lot out of me, but hopefully the sane hours will make up for that.
*My schedule in the fall is crazy. One class Monday night, 3 classes back to back (40 minutes in between) on Tuesday from about 11 am-8 pm, one class Wednesday afternoon, one Wednesday night, one Thursday morning, one Thursday night, none on Friday.
*Praying I passed the THEA test with the scores I need. Could the US Postal Service BE any slower?!
*Really hoping this thing doesn't get screwed up. I know that I'm gonna have to completely break myself and be reassembled, but that's a good thing. This needs to happen. I've learned so much about me in the past 2 weeks that I'm reeling. Has it really only been 2 weeks?
*Looking forward to being at home for a month. It'll be a month of relaxing, recovering (tonsils are coming out), scrapbooking, and probably quite a bit of pressure. But it'll be worth it in the end.
*My grades will not be that great this semester. I missed too much class and had no energy to do anything, due to being sick. I go back to the Health Center tomorrow for the 10th time this semester. Yeah, you read that right. 10. I went in Friday for a follow-up/why-does-my-throat-still-hurt-after-I've-been-on-antibiotics-for-a-month-now appointment, and complained that I've been feeling really tired lately, and I want an iron test to see if I'm anemic. Mom also wants my blood sugar tested for diabetes, and they decided to throw in thyroid, too. So I had to go back in yesterday to get 2 vials of blood taken (after a killer final, after not being able to eat breakfast), and I go back tomorrow for the results. So we'll see. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired.
*Almost lost one of my best friends. Everyone keeps telling me that if he treated me that way, he's not a friend. But what they don't understand is that I need us to be OK. I can't handle it right now if we're not. And I know what I did was right.
*My brother is 3rd in his class. I cannot begin to describe how proud I am of him.
*I'm ready for this semester to be over. And I can't wait til Sunday. Good luck on finals everyone!!!!
Man, I need to talk to Bri...
3 things I absolutely love at this very moment in time:
3. SudaCare Shower Soother tablets (FANTASTIC invention!)
2. FREE LAUNDRY DAY!!!!! (I've already done half of my 8 loads--I haven't done laundry in a while, OK?)
1. Knowing that on Saturday, I'll be at a housewarming barbecue for my aunt and uncle, with my entire family. This will be the first time since New Year's Eve that I've been home for more than 15 hours.
20 Years Ago:
1. helping my daddy celebrate his first birthday as a father (35!)
2. living in the house in dallas (yes, i'm a natural born texan)
3. being adored as the first grandchild on one side and the first granddaughter on the other :P
15 Years Ago:
1. we move from seattle back to texas (i'm bitter towards my parents for another good 5 or 6 years)
2. i start kindergarten at the school in my hometown; after that, we move out to the country and i start (and end) school there
3. i develop my first crush--grant parrish. it lasts for several years :P
10 Years Ago:
1. ugh, awkwardness. i'm smarter, taller, and darker-haired than every girl in my class.
2. my mom's dad and stepmother come to visit and give me a ring that i've worn every day since
3. mom (the eternal cat person) breaks down and agrees that my brother can have a dog for his 8th birthday--sally. she died about 7 years later after ingesting anti-freeze. :(
5 Years Ago:
1. freshman year of high school; so begins me being eternally involved in school stuff
2. i have a crush on a senior who later becomes one of my best friends
3. i consider going into catering as a career
4 Years Ago:
1. i got my acceptance letter for the scholarship to gato and my life is changed forever (*because i knew you...*)
2. i get the lead in 'personal effects', our one-act play, and i'm in love
3. brittney becomes the best friend i've been missing all my life (we barely speak anymore)
3 Years Ago:
1. for the first time, i have a date for homecoming--patrick disney. you should've seen the jealous looks i got...
2. colin is my junior prom date :)
3. i get my first C--physics
2 Years Ago:
1. i start getting real sick of playing the game that was my high school; so i pretty much stop, and i'm somewhat shunned for the remainder of my senior year
2. i am named valedictorian of my graduating class. i realize now it wasn't worth what i gave up to get it.
3. i get my first kiss, fall in love, am proposed to, get my heart broken, become the 'other woman', and lose the best friend i've ever had
1 Year Ago:
1. wind up in the hospital due to a bad case of food poisoning, and realize how loved i really am
2. get my first job--lectures & debates director of ex.c.e.l. i still remember waiting for the phone call from kelly with mandey.
3. i attend leadershape and my life is changed. i meet great people, reconnect with an old friend, discover what i'm passionate about, and am reminded that God knows what He's doing with my life.
1 Week Ago:
1. i forgot to do my trabajo escrito for spanish. the week is off to a great start.
2. composite pictures for ex.c.e.l. on a bad hair day. fabulous.
3. interviewed by the school newspaper. i'm not misquoted, thank goodness.
1. one month
2. grey's anatomy :)
3. did my dishes
1. was forced to wear a hat (something i just have this thing with--i hate stuff on my head)
2. found out i may be running for education constituency council president--eek!
3. touched nick's butt
1. talent show auditions
2. teacher career day
3. might stop by the library's program with a children's book illustrator